Roadway Reconstruction Underway
Construction began April 4th. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic in December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates will be posted here on a weekly basis (and more frequently if needed). Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures.
- The Vineland/Oak Grove intersection closure will be extended through 5:00 a.m. on Monday 6/6 due to rain delays. Right turns to and from Vineland and Oak Grove are allowed, but cars cannot go straight through or turn left at this intersection. Please use the posted detours to reach your destination.
- Crews will open this intersection before 6/6 if concrete curing and strength can be secured at an earlier date.
- Please do not try to get around the Oak Grove closure by making left turns and U-turns at the Groveland intersection. These movements were not allowed before construction and make for unsafe, confusing conditions that make traffic backups worse. Please use the detours illustrated here.
- From Tuesday 5/31 to Friday 6/10, about 100 feet of the right through lane of eastbound Dunwoody (both west and east of Lyndale) will be closed to install storm inlets and pave the lane. The right turn lane onto Lyndale will remain open. Note that this closure was originally scheduled to start on 5/23, but it will still be completed by the original 6/10 end date.
- Starting at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday 6/2 through 5:00 a.m. on Monday 6/6, the ramp to I-94 eastbound from southbound Lyndale will be closed for paving. Vehicles will be detoured south on Lyndale – west on Franklin – north on Hennepin to the I-94 eastbound exit, as illustrated here. Barriers will be adjusted so larger trucks can make the turn during this time. Extending this closure by one day (starting on Thursday) avoids having to close Lyndale again during later phases of construction.
- Starting on Monday 6/6, the Groveland intersection will be closed for about three weeks. The two outside lanes in the northbound and southbound directions will remain open, and right turns to and from Groveland will still be allowed. Cars will not be able to go straight through or turn left from Groveland.
- Paving is the primary activity for the next week. There may be saw cutting overnight Thursday and Friday of this week (5/26 and 5/27) and Thursday and Friday of next week (6/2 and 6/3).
- Crews will not be working this weekend or on Memorial Day.
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Northbound Hennepin detour route
| || = Eastbound I-94 detour route
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.