Final Intersection Work Underway
Work is shifting to the Groveland Terrace/Douglas area, which is the final intersection closure scheduled for the project. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- The Vineland intersection is now open!
- Crews will be paving the third traffic lane on Vineland late this week, followed by installation of curb and gutter. It is anticipated to be available to vehicles by Monday 10/24.
- Following availability of the 3rd lane, expect occasional lane shifts to accommodate some utility work that requires access to the manhole in the center of the roadway.
- The bus stop at Vineland is also open now, and the stop at Dunwoody has been closed.
- When walking east-west across Hennepin/Lyndale at Vineland, use the crosswalk on the south side of the intersection and be sure to use the push button—it provides a longer green light so pedestrians have time to cross.
- A more direct pedestrian crossing of Dunwoody is now available, and all lanes on eastbound Dunwoody should be open by the end of next week.
- The Groveland Terrace and Douglas intersections on the west side of Lyndale are now closed. This area is scheduled to be closed through early November. Vehicle, truck, pedestrian, and bike detours are illustrated here.
- Crews will be working in the Groveland area on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. until dark, weather pending. The work will include pavement breaking/removal and pipe installation.
- Crews will also continue to work extra hours in the Groveland/Douglas area each night next week to keep things moving. The contractor has committed to wrapping things up by 8PM instead of 10PM to minimize disruption.
| || = Closure through fall/winter 2016
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Permanent closure
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.