Paving of inside lanes is complete!
The project schedule is on track, and work has switched over to the outside lanes. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- The east side of the Groveland intersection opened Thursday morning, 9/22! The bus stop at Groveland is also open.
- As a bicyclist or pedestrian, please exercise caution under this changed traffic condition and be aware there is now vehicle cross-traffic.
- Final sidewalk and curb improvements will occur over the next week.
- There will be a left lane closure on northbound Hennepin between Franklin and Summit on 9/22 and 9/23. This will be limited to the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Work at Vineland is picking up steam and the intersection is currently scheduled to be open the week of 10/3, barring any heavy rains or further design changes. The Vineland bus stop will open approximately one week later.
- Some excavation will be happening over the next two weeks in the current pedestrian detour at Vineland. The new pedestrian/bike detour is available here.
- Once the Vineland intersection is open, the Groveland Terrace/Douglas intersection (west side) will be closed. This is currently scheduled for 10/4. Any closures will accommodate the route for the Twin Cities Marathon on 10/9.
- Traffic on eastbound Dunwoody Boulevard, west of Lyndale Avenue, is down to one lane until the evening of Sunday, 9/25. The good news is that ALL lanes will be open at the Dunwoody/Lyndale intersection by Monday morning, 9/26.
- Crews will be doing asphalt work in this intersection on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Installation of a more direct pedestrian route north/south across Dunwoody will take another week (around 10/2).
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Permanent closure
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.