Hennepin/Lyndale Avenue Reconstruction Project
City Sanitary Sewer Project is Underway
The condition of the existing underground utilities along the project corridor has been investigated to determine the need for improvements as a part of the roadway reconstruction. The City of Minneapolis will begin some of the sanitary sewer repair work in August 2015 to prepare for roadway reconstruction in 2016. Click here to view construction closures and detours.
Please check this page for weekly updates, and sign up for email updates during construction.
- Crews have encountered some unexpected conditions while conducting tunneling efforts. A larger tunnel casing is being used which will hopefully get things back on track. This has delayed the schedule a bit, and work near the Groveland intersection will likely continue until the last week of October/first week of November
- Some weekend work may be required to prevent this new boring equipment from locking up, so you may see crews out for limited periods on Saturdays and Sundays. Any work on Sundays would be done in the afternoon to avoid interference with nearby church activities
- Temporary plywood ramps have been placed in front of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church to cover a bypass pipe. There is also a machine blocked off on part of the sidewalk near Hennepin Avenue. Please be mindful of these additions as you navigate through the area this weekend. They should be gone next week
- MnDOT has indicated that the Lyndale Avenue bridge should be open this week, with a targeted open date of October 15. Additional MnDOT project information can be found online here
- Metro Transit has determined that the Groveland bus stop will remain closed during this phase of construction, for the safety of all users.
- Please respect the barriers and follow detour signage. These measures are there for everyone's safety.
Previous updates can be found here.
Project Area Map