The roadway improvements being constructed include:
- Intersection modifications to improve bicycle and pedestrian crossings, including a new pedestrian crossing on the north side of the Groveland intersection
- Removing one northbound Hennepin/Lyndale travel lane between Groveland Avenue and Oak Grove Street
- Left turn lane modifications (northbound and southbound Hennepin/Lyndale to Vineland/Oak Grove)
- Visual/landscape enhancements and new street lighting
- Sidewalk improvements on the west side of the corridor
- Trail and sidewalk improvements on the east side of the corridor
Want to see what Hennepin/Lyndale will look like with the reconstruction is complete?
Watch the virtual project fly-through or review the plans at the following links.
Construction Phasing/Staging: Phase 1 (24.7mb)
Construction Phasing/Staging: Phase 2 (24.7mb)
Roadway and Sidewalk/Trail Improvements (24.5mb)
Landscape Layout Plan (5.9mb)
Project Impacts Map