Hennepin/Lyndale Avenue Reconstruction Project
City Sanitary Sewer Project is Underway
The condition of the existing underground utilities along the project corridor has been investigated to determine the need for improvements as a part of the roadway reconstruction. The City of Minneapolis will begin some of the sanitary sewer repair work in August 2015 to prepare for roadway reconstruction in 2016. Click here to view construction closures and detours.
Please check this page for weekly updates, and sign up for email updates during construction.
- The utility work continues and crews will be digging the next pit closer to the Hennepin/Groveland intersection next week.
- There will be no work on the Labor Day holiday, Monday 9/7
- Power to the traffic signal system at the Hennepin/Groveland intersection will be disconnected from 9am to 2pm on Friday, September 4th. Stop signs will be used during this time. This temporary disruption is needed to relocate and reconnect portions of the signal system impacted by the underground sewer work.
- The Oak Grove bus stop re-opened Monday evening. We are continuing to evaluate a safe way make the Groveland stop available, but there are safety concerns including limited space, poor site distances (drivers and non-motorized), and distance needed for the bus to safely pull back into reduced traffic lanes. For the near term, this stop will remain closed until we can find a safe option for all users.
- The contractor will continue to monitor the pedestrian/bike detour and keep it as wide as possible. There may be limited areas where it needs to be narrower for work to be completed safely.
- Metro Transit has determined that the Groveland bus stop will remain closed during this phase of construction, for the safety of all users.
- Please respect the barriers and follow detour signage. These measures are there for everyone's safety.
Previous updates can be found here.
Project Area Map