Paving of inside lanes is complete!
The project schedule is on track, and work has switched over to the outside lanes. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- Utility work (storm sewer, sanitary sewer, and watermain) is the primary activity in the corridor this week and next. This work is done in sections, and once the utility work is done, the sections are prepared and paved.
- Re-opening of the west side of the Vineland intersection has been delayed further due to utility and weather issues. This intersection will likely be closed until the 2nd or 3rd week of September.
- Work on the east side of the Groveland intersection has also been delayed a bit. The concrete in the intersection will likely be poured around Thursday 9/1 and then needs time to cure (which can take up to 7 days), so this intersection is anticipated to be open by Friday 9/9. Detour routes are posted and are illustrated here.
- The plan is still for northbound Hennepin to be completely open to traffic by mid-September. After the east side of the Groveland intersection is complete, crews will work on lane striping and signals.
- Crews have been reviewing pedestrian accommodations in the construction area and are making some adjustments in signage to make detour routes more clear. The pedestrian detour for crossing Dunwoody Boulevard is illustrated here. To cross east-west on Hennepin/Lyndale, pedestrians should continue to use the crosswalk at the Groveland intersection.
- On Saturday 8/27, crews will be working from 7:00 a.m. until dark in the Vineland intersection and pouring concrete on Hennepin between Summit and Groveland.
- There will also likely be night work each night next week that will include installation of sanitary and storm sewer pipe, pouring concrete, and some saw cutting in areas between Dunwoody Boulevard and Groveland Avenue.
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Permanent closure
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.