Final Intersection Work Underway
Work is shifting to the Groveland Terrace/Douglas area, which is the final intersection closure scheduled for the project. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- All lanes on eastbound Dunwoody are now open.
- All lanes on Vineland opened on Thursday 10/20. To accommodate the project going on at the Walker, on the north side of Vineland pedestrians will be moved from the sidewalk to the bike lane between Lyndale and Kenwood.
- The sidewalk on the west side of southbound Lyndale between Dunwoody and the pedestrian bridge is now open. From just south of the pedestrian bridge to Vineland, pedestrians will be routed into the outside traffic lane until next week.
- Lighting on the east side of northbound Hennepin is mostly installed, and the process to get it turned on is underway.
- Lane striping on northbound Hennepin will happen by early next week, and northbound Hennepin will be completely open by the middle of next week.
- The sidewalk and trail on the east side of northbound Hennepin are now open to bikes and pedestrians.
- The Groveland Terrace and Douglas intersections on the west side of Lyndale are closed, as is the Groveland pedestrian crossing. This area is scheduled to be closed through early November. Vehicle, truck, pedestrian, and bike detours are illustrated here.
- Crews will be working in the Groveland area on Saturday 10/22 from 7:00 a.m. until dark, including pipe work, pouring concrete, and saw cutting.
- Crews will continue to work extra hours each evening next week in the Groveland area to keep things moving. The contractor will wrap up all major activity by 8:00 p.m. There may be some intermittent saw cutting that will happen throughout the night.
| || = Closure through fall/winter 2016
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Permanent closure
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.