Paving of inside lanes is complete!
The project schedule is on track, and work will soon be switching over to the outside lanes. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic by December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates are posted on a weekly basis. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures. Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
- Due to the rain this weekend, the lane closure on eastbound Dunwoody will be in place a couple more days. The second through lane is anticipated to open on Friday.
- Southbound Lyndale is down to one lane south of Dunwoody for about 400 feet. This closure has been extended a couple of days to Wednesday 7/27. During this time, left turns from westbound Dunwoody are allowed, but one of the two left turn lanes is closed.
- The bus stop on southbound Lyndale at Dunwoody is also closed through Wednesday 7/27. Passengers are being directed to the stop at Vineland.
- Eastbound Dunwoody will be down to one through lane from Friday 7/22 to Tuesday 7/26 to facilitate the work on southbound Lyndale. Truck movements at this location will be monitored to see if additional accommodations will be required.
- Crews are experiencing some issues at the Vineland/Oak Grove intersection. They are working against weather and utility issues, but are working toward having the Oak Grove side of the intersection open by Saturday 7/30. Updates will be provided as work progresses. The Vineland side of the intersection will take a bit longer and is scheduled to be closed through Monday 8/8.
- Detours are posted and are illustrated here.
- Left turns from Hennepin/Lyndale to Groveland are allowed while the Vineland/Oak Grove intersection is closed.
- Crews will be working on Saturday 7/23 from 7:00 a.m. until dark (about 10:00 p.m.) in the Vineland intersection.
- Saw cutting may occur on Friday 7/22, Saturday 7/23, and early next week as crews pour concrete in the Oak Grove intersection.
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Northbound Hennepin detour route
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.