Roadway Reconstruction Underway
Construction began April 4th. The project is scheduled to be complete and fully open to traffic in December. Final cleanup and landscaping will occur in the spring of 2017.
Construction updates will be posted here on a weekly basis (and more frequently if needed). Construction schedule and activities are subject to change based on a number of factors. Any changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible. The interactive map at the bottom of this page is also updated with current lane and intersection closures.
- The additional work on northbound Hennepin between the I-94 ramp and Groveland is completed! The second lane is now open again, as well as the Groveland bus stop.
- Crews will be working on Saturday 5/21, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to no later than 6:00 p.m. Work will be limited to the Oak Grove/Vineland intersection.
- The Vineland/Oak Grove intersection is closed for paving through next week. Right turns to and from Vineland and Oak Grove are allowed, but cars cannot go straight through or turn left at this intersection. Please use the posted detours to reach your destination. Walkers are detoured across the pedestrian bridge, or can cross further south at Groveland. Bikers can follow the road detour or use the pedestrian bridge.
- Please do not try to get around the Oak Grove closure by making left turns and U-turns at the Groveland Avenue intersection. These movements were not allowed before construction, and make for unsafe, confusing conditions. Additional signage is being placed near Dunwoody Boulevard to provide drivers with an earlier alert that the Oak Grove intersection is closed. Please use the detours.
- From Monday 5/23 to about Friday 6/10, the far right through lane of eastbound Dunwoody Boulevard (both west and east of Lyndale) will be closed to install storm inlets and pave the lane. The right turn lane onto Lyndale will still be available during this time.
- Paving is the primary activity for the week of 5/23. Work will occur overnight on Monday 5/23.
- Starting at 7:00 p.m. on Friday 6/3 through 5:00 a.m. on Monday 6/6 – the ramp to I-94 east from southbound Lyndale Avenue will be closed for paving. Vehicles will be detoured south on Lyndale to 26th Street, then north on Hennepin to the I-94 eastbound exit.
| || = Closure from April through mid-summer
| || = Short-term closure
| || = Detour route
Use the interactive map below to learn more about the lane closures.
Click the map marker icons for details.
Click here for a PDF version of the map above.
Click here for a PDF version of the alternate routes map.